PSSA Tips for Parents
With the PSSAs coming up soon, we wanted to share some test-taking tips for our families:
- Encourage your child to do well, but don’t pressure him/her. You may stress him/her out.
- It is important for your child to stay relaxed on the test day. Show your child that you are already proud of his/her work as a student. Tell them how smart you know he/she is. This will help build your child’s confidence.
- Keep a positive attitude about tests.
- Mark down test days on your calendar so that you and your child are both aware of testing dates.
- Make sure that your child gets enough sleep the night before the test.
- Ensure that your child eats a healthy breakfast and avoid heavy foods that make make him/her groggy. Protein is best. Also avoid high-sugar foods that may make him/her hyper.
- Make sure your child brings a healthy snack on test days.
- Make sure that your child gets up early enough so that he/she is will be on time to school.